Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wow! It's been a while since I posted.  My life was off track for a while.  Unfortunately we had 2 deaths in the family.  So there has ben a lot to take care of lately.  I have also been working on our Art Society's new website.  It looks great.  Take a look at it and see what you think.  www.KingwoodArtSociety.com  Even if you can't come to our monthly meetings, you could still join the Kingwood Art Society for $40/yr and then you're able to get the Gallery membership for $20/yr.  which would enable you to post 9 photos of your work, have an artist's bio and contact information.  All for $60 you could have a web presence for your art and you don't even have to manage it.  Where else can you get a deal like that?  If you are interested in your own site, contact me.  I can get you a discount with FineArtStudioOnline.com   I have used them for 2 1/2 years now for my own website and love them.  To get the discount, I have to send you an email with a special link in it.  O.K. that was my sales pitch for the day.


I also wanted to show you the commission I've just finished.  I was pleased with the way it turned out.

 
This is the original sketch of "Sydney".
 
Here I just blocked in the color and got the structure of the face down right.
The finished painting!  I think I redid the face at least 4 times before I got it down just right.
Close up of the precious little angelic face.

Hand detail.

If you are interested in commissions, please contact me at debra@debralatham.com

That's all for today.  And hopefully it won't be that long before my next post.  If all goes well,  I'll tell you about a new project I'm starting to work on in the next post.

God Bless,

Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment